The SAA Board of Trustees is a non-profit board of parents established to oversee the implementation of the school charter as approved by the Utah State Office of Education. Responsibilities include:
- Defining school curriculum and policy.
- Consulting with school administrator and/or POEC regarding changes in staffing, programs or curriculum.
- Monitoring school budget through frequent reports
- Determining the annual budget in conjunction with the administraton.
- Overseeing reporting to the state.
- Overseeing and advising the parent organization to ensure that the school's purpose, vision and policy advance the vision of the school as presented in the charter.